⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Gaussian Lat/Lon grids

From: Philip Bentley <philip.bentley>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:04:54 +0100

Hi John,

FYI, I am hoping to submit a proposal to the CF mailing list in the very
near future regarding possible extensions to the CF grid mapping
attributes. This was stimulated by mailing list discussions earlier this
year about the need for additional attributes to describe (very) general
coordinate reference system properties.

I'm currently waiting for a user account to be set up so that I can
submit this proposal to the CF Trac site. Hopefully in the next few
days...

Although my proposal does not cover anything as specific as gaussian
latitude grids (not least because this grid is unfamiliar to me!), it
may be that the requirement you identify can or should be considered
under the same banner.

On reading Manuel's follow-up to your post, it would seem that a new
grid mapping definition might usefully be added to Appendix F of the CF
spec.

Regards,

Phil