⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] approval of standard_names for aerosols and chemistry for HTAP

From: Christiane Textor <christiane.textor>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:00:01 +0200

Dear Alison and others,

Thank you very much for your email, it encouraged me to update the wiki
page according to our latest discussions:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Accepted_names_for_TF_HTAP

If you agree with these names, I would be happy if as many of these
names could be agreed on as soon as possible.

I will also relaunch the discussion about the remaining names that can
be found at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Proposed_names_for_TF_HTAP

Thank you very much,
Christiane

Pamment, JA (Alison) a ?crit :
> Dear Christiane and Jonathan
>
> Thanks for continuing the discussion of these names. My current
> understanding is that we are on the verge of agreeing names of the
> form:
> tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_emission
> tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_surface_emission
> tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_chemical_gross|net_production|destr
> uction
> tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_surface|stomatal_dry|wet_deposition
> where X is mass content, mole concentration, etc.
> and Y is species.
> We have all agreed that surface_emission is a subset of emission.
>
> The volume mixing ratio and mass mixing ratio names listed at
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Accepted_names_for
> _TF_HTAP haven't received any discussion lately, but
> I think they have been virtually agreed for a long time. Christiane,
> are you happy for those particular names to go into the next standard
> name table update due on 8th May? (The tendency names can be included
> in the update due on 10th July if they are agreed by then).
>
> Best wishes,
> Alison
>
> ------
> Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
> NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
> Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: J.A.Pamment at rl.ac.uk
> Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.

==new affiliation==new affiliation==new affiliation==new affiliation==
Christiane Textor
Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
LSCE, CEA Saclay
L'Orme des Merisiers, Bat. 701 Piece 3b