⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] approval of standard_names for aerosols and chemistryfor HTAP

From: Pamment, JA <J.A.Pamment>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:35:06 +0100

Dear Christiane and Jonathan

Thanks for continuing the discussion of these names. My current
understanding is that we are on the verge of agreeing names of the
form:
tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_emission
tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_surface_emission
tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_chemical_gross|net_production|destr
uction
tendency_of_atmosphere_X_of_Y_due_to_surface|stomatal_dry|wet_deposition
where X is mass content, mole concentration, etc.
and Y is species.
We have all agreed that surface_emission is a subset of emission.

The volume mixing ratio and mass mixing ratio names listed at
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Accepted_names_for
_TF_HTAP haven't received any discussion lately, but
I think they have been virtually agreed for a long time. Christiane,
are you happy for those particular names to go into the next standard
name table update due on 8th May? (The tendency names can be included
in the update due on 10th July if they are agreed by then).

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: J.A.Pamment at rl.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.

tendency_of_X_of_Y_due_to_