⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Indicating data lineage or provenance

From: K.A.Bouton <k.a.bouton>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:46:24 +0100

Like I said - I am late to this list - so bringing up something back from
January.

Numerical Model Metadata (NMM) project I, and others, are working on is
trying to do just this - describe the numerical model which created the data
you are looking at. It is an XML file which we imagined would be pointed to
by the CF source attribute. It is a developing standard, so any and all
input is appreciated.

See http://ncas-cms.nerc.ac.uk/NMM/index.php

NumSim, which Bryan mentioned earlier, would be a 'lite' subset of NMM used
primarily for discovery, as I understand it.

Regards

Katherine

Dr Katherine A Bouton
NCAS Computational Modelling Support