⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed standard names for biological model outputs

From: Godin, Michael <Godin>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:51:56 -0800

Ron and Jonathan,

Good catch. Not sure why I typed "silica" when I meant "silicon". It is actually quite incorrect ("silicate" would have been closer to reality), and the reference to "silica atoms" in the definition seems truly bizarre. So, here's the revision, with full description:

mole_concentration_of_organic_detritus_in_sea_water_expressed_as_silicon
substance) per unit volume and is used in the construction mole_concentration_of_X_in_Y, where X is a material constituent of Y. Organic detritus are particles of debris from decaying plants and animals. The construction expressed_as_silicon indicates that the indicated mole concentration is of silicon atoms due to the organic detritus.

Cheers,
Mike