⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Use of Standard Names and Coordinate Variables(relevant to the aerosol discussion)

From: Raymond M. Hoff <hoff>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:54:03 -0500 (EST)

I am loath to wade in on the middle of an argument as a newbie but how can
you define optical depth (a column measurement through the atmosphere) at
a single RH? That does not make sense. An in-situ measurement at a given
RH has some meaning but not for column values.

Ray
--
Raymond M. Hoff
Professor of Physics