⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] aerosol water

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:51:57 +0100

Dear Christiane

> *aerosol water
> --------------
> aerosol_water_ambient_aerosol
> Jonathan porposed that the name should be the other way round. I do not
> agree because a 'water aerosol' would be a hydrometeor, i.e., clouds or
> precipitation.

I think I haven't understood what this name really means, sorry to say. I
was guessing it meant the water present in ambient aerosol. But perhaps
that is wrong?

I agree with you about "emission".

> Please note that the HTAP experiments already started. Hence, it will
> not be possible to include all modifications resulting from our
> discussion into the HTAP simulations.
Could you modify the netCDF files afterwards using ncatted for instance?

> However, the aerosol and chemistry
> community is becoming familiar with CF and will be use these for future
> experiments.
That's very good news - thanks to your effort in large measure, I expect.