⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cell metrics

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:22:15 +0100

Dear Steve

I think the two new committees should set the rules for how long to allow for
discussion of an issue before a decision is taken. I agree we should not rush
unduly, but on the other hand we do need to make decisions so people can get
on with implementation. These things have to be balanced.

On this issue, I don't think we are doing anything revolutionary. We would be
adding standard names for variables that can already exist anyway, and allowing
them to be in the file without being cell_measures. It might well be that the
unstructured grid discussion will have larger proposals to make regarding
cell_measures, however.