⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Renaming of GitHub repositories

From: David Hassell <david.hassell>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 11:20:44 +0100

Hi Alison,

I'm not sure about this - I thought that the "<name>.github.io" site was
somehow magically created for you by GitHub, not one that you named
yourself? If this is right, I don't really know the implications of it, so
I would welcome more expert opinions.

That said, I realize that I have made a category mistake in that I thought
that this proposal had been discussed on this CF-metadata forum, when it
hadn't - it was talked about informally off-line and I confused the e-mails
in my eagerness to get this sorted before the CF meeting next week. Many
apologies. It's being discussed now, though!

So, I haven't implemented the proposed changes, which is good because
concerns have already been raised by Alison (see above), and also by Ethan,
who points out that the proposed dropping of the "cf-" prefix from
repository names would detrimentally remove any reference to CF in the
names of forked repositories.

I hope that I haven't made too much confusion, and look forward to talking
about it here.

All the best,
David