⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard name - Stomatal resistance

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:26:53 +0100

Dear Alison

I think your proposal makes sense and would work. I definitely agree we need
to introduce a dimension of vegetation_cover.

I am not certain that it is really ancillary metadata, as I have understood
the purpose of that mechanism, but it *could* be - it's debatable, I think,
whether these max and min values are data about data, like instrumental
uncertainties or quality flags. They seem to be more like a different quantity.

Perhaps another approach could be suggested by this:
> Beate wrote:
> > A: Yes, stomatal_resistance is the proposal.
> > Each vegetation type has its maximum and its minimum, depending on the situation
> > (water supply and temperature).

Such a thing could be indicated by cell_method of "water supply": maximum or
air_temperature: maximum, for a variable with a dimension of vegetation_cover
as well. (I use "" because we don't have a standard name for this.) If we
knew over what variables the stomatal resistance was max/min, we could say this
in cell_methods, and actually that would be more precise than simply max/min.