⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] unique identifiers

From: Luis Bermudez <bermudez>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:00:12 -0800

Dear All,

We need unique identifiers so we can better describe the information
we are sending in XML files. This is to support Feature catalogues,
ISO -19115, SensorML etc.

Is there an official namespace for CF standard names ?

If not then we could we create a namespace like the following:

urn:edu:ucar:cf:standard_name:entry
urn:edu:ucar:cf:standard_name:canonical_units

and then for a particular entry we can uniquely identify it by saying:

- urn:edu:ucar:cf:standard_name:entry#air_density
- urn:edu:ucar:cf:standard_name:entry#kg_m-3 (needs a little bit of
massage)

At MMI we are using a temporal namespace (http://marinemetadata.org/
2005/02/cf), but we are looking forward to have a synchronize
ontology with your publish XML file, so we can have real time
mappings with other standard dictionaries.

Cheers,

Luis

Luis Bermudez Ph.D.
Software Engineer