⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF convention for vector quantities

From: Bryan Lawrence <b.n.lawrence>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:57:33 +0000

Hi Jonathan et al.

John said:
> I appreciate your advocacy of that POV throughout the years, its very
> important that we maintain CF files to be as simple amd clear as possible.
> I also observe the tension between data providers and consumers, and it
> seems likely we will always be looking for the right balance between
> program writers and file writers.

and despite the disagreements that Jonathan and I have , I'd like to echo
this. I think it's healthy to have a tension, so we can seek the right
balance, and that depends on consistent well argued positions from all
sides :-)

Which brings us back to "can we come up with a simple yet useful proposition"
that doesn't overload the standard names (in any way, I totally agree that
this concept should not touch them) ...

... if no one else does so before then, I've allocated some time in a couple
of weeks to come up with a proposal and an example file, and a decent
justification ... (Bert, I hope you get to it before me :-)

Thanks
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research