⇐ ⇒

Antwort: Re: [CF-metadata] snow temperature

From: Burkhardt.Rockel at gkss.de <Burkhardt.Rockel>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:46:14 +0100

Karl, thank you for the prompt reply.

> If you have a
> grid-cell (or a larger region) over which you want to characterize a
> snow surface temperature, distinct from the temperature of the snow-free

> portion, then we do indeed need a new name.

exactly that is why I proposed the name.
I constructed it similar to already existing standard names, for example:

"surface_snow_thickness_where_sea_ice
The surface called "surface" means the lower boundary of the atmosphere;
over sea areas this is taken to be mean sea level. Unless indicated, a
quantity is assumed to apply to the whole area of each horizontal grid
box. The qualifier where_type specifies instead that the quantity applies
only to the part of the grid box of the named type."

Regards,
Burkhardt