⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for "grid relative" sea ice velocity and stresses

From: Knut Lisæter <knut.liseter>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:51:16 +0100

Dear All,

I have been trying to find entries for grid-relative sea ice
velocities in the
CF standard_name but I can't find it at this location:

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/eaton/cf-metadata/standard_name.html

The eastward and northward velocity components are there:

eastward_sea_ice_velocity
northward_sea_ice_velocity

but the grid-relative velocities which I assume would be called

x_sea_ice_velocity
y_sea_ice_velocity

are not there. In the same way I am looking for entries on grid-relative
surface stresses

surface_downward_eastward_stress -> surface_downward_x_stress
surface_downward_northward_stress -> surface_downward_y_stress

downward_eastward_stress_at_sea_ice_base ->
downward_x_stress_at_sea_ice_base
downward_northward_stress_at_sea_ice_base ->
downward_y_stress_at_sea_ice_base

Is it possible to add such fields to the standard name tables? I

I apologize if these names have already been suggested or are in the
table.

Best Regards,
Knut Lis?ter,
NERSC, Bergen, Norway