⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] quantities requiring parameters to define them

From: Brian Eaton <eaton>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:40:51 -0600

Hi Jonathan and Sue,

I was also thinking that "parameter" by itself was too generic. Maybe a
more specific version, e.g., standard_name_parameters, would work?

I agree with using a "keyword: value" format. Since the keywords are
standard_name specific I think it would be best to include them in the
standard name table. To make it easy for a machine to identify the valid
keywords for a standard name I'd propose that the xml schema be extended by
adding a <parameters> element to contain a whitespace separated list of
parameter names, and that the meaning of any parameters be contained in the
<description> element.

Brian