⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] quantities requiring parameters to define them

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:36:46 +0100

Dear Sue

> Just wanted to point out that some other communities use the word
> 'parameter' to mean variable, so it could cause confusion.

Good point - alternative suggestions?

> Also, Jonathan, when you say "with the standard_name definitions specifying
> what keywords and values are permitted." does this mean the permitted
> keywords/values appear in the definition text? If so, it would be better to
> have this annotated in a more automatically available way.

I supposed that the definition text would probably have links to pages with
permitted sets of values if these are keywords rather than numeric. However
I agree we could also think about how to include information about the possible
"parameters" in the standard name table itself.

Cheers

Jonathan