⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] conditions of use (of data)

From: Manuel Fuentes <Manuel.Fuentes>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:52:04 +0100

Hi,

With two replies, one can already see two worlds:
data providers care, data users don't care ;-)

Bryan Lawrence wrote:
> ... however, the concept of having a pointer to a license inside a file had
> escaped me, and it oughtn't to have :-) :-) It's a good one, and would be
> analogous I think to the copyright claims in code etc ...

... once the data gets off your hands
all metadata outside the file is lost !

> I would have thought we could have an optional global attribute of license,
> which could either be text or a uri. (I like the idea of license better
> because it's briefer, and reflects what one wants to happen).

Agree! I'd go along with your suggestion:

// global attributes:
         :license = "http://data.ecmwf.int/data/d/license/"

Cheers,
Manuel