⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] conditions of use (of data)

From: Bryan Lawrence <b.n.lawrence>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:09:51 +0100

hi Manuel

Obviously we've been worrying about this, and at the moment have the
conditions of use in metadata outside the file ...

... however, the concept of having a pointer to a license inside a file had
escaped me, and it oughtn't to have :-) :-) It's a good one, and would be
analogous I think to the copyright claims in code etc ...

It might be interesting for us to talk about this offline ...

Meanwhile, it would be good to standardise on this within CF, as it would give
code a chance to find and display conditions of use to users in an automagic
way.

I would have thought we could have an optional global attribute of license,
which could either be text or a uri. (I like the idea of license better
because it's briefer, and reflects what one wants to happen).

Cheers,
Bryan