⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] detaching the standard name table

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:08:31 -0700

I'd say i agree pretty much with the direction we are discussing here,
in particular i liked Bryan's points.

 From my POV we need a "statement of purpose" and a collaboration tool
(could be what we already have, email lists with archives) and we can
get started on the rest.

The "governence framework" is crucial and here i'll take the opposite
view of Roy and say that "a full-blown ISO19135 job" scares the hell out
of me, but actually i have no idea what that means, im just fearful that
burocratic (sp?) overhead can kill things easily. i would argue to set
up a framework where any well-intentioned group can play, and count on
"market forces" to eliminate the poorly done ones. Also, i would insist
on putting everything into public domain, or equivilent.