⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] regions

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:44:57 +0100

Dear Bryan

I agree with you that a good solution would be if GCMD would subclass their
list, so we could watch the relevant subclass. I look forward to your
suggestion on how we should negotiate with them about that.

> (Why dont you want country as a geographical region ... for example: it's a
> perfectly valid thing to want to integrate the pollution arriving into and
> leaving a country?)

If people want countries, I wouldn't object. We left them out initially for
simplicity. Countries are less constant than geographical regions, in both
names and boundaries, and some (e.g. USA) are discontinuous.