⇐ ⇒

Antwort: Re: [CF-metadata] Use of 'omega' in standard name list

From: Burkhardt.Rockel at gkss.de <Burkhardt.Rockel>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:41:39 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

I followed the discussion about "omega yes or no". At the beginning I felt
uncomfortable with the proposal to replace the standard_name "omega" by
some long "word worm" (and I still do as a meteorologist). However,
Brians definitions may be the cleaner way and it prevends from possible
confusion with capital omega (which is often used for angular velocity).
At the end it is "just" the standard_name for the unique identification of
the quantity. For labelling plots I use the long_name attribute anyway
where I am free to use "omega".

Regards
Burkhardt

Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory at reading.ac.uk>