⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Soil mosture inconsistency in CF names?

From: Curtis Covey <covey1>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:48:38 -0700

Thanks to Jonathan Gregory for his quick response to my previous
query, and to the entire CF team for producing such a comprehensive
standard.

I have now gone through most of the AMIP2 standard output table
and have found only one apparent inconsistency in the related CF
standard variables list. This problem involves the following four
variables from the AMIP2 standard output:

    mrso Total soil water content

    mrsos Surface soil water content (upper 0.1m)

    mrsofc Total soil moisture field capacity

    mrsofcs Surface soil moisture field capacity (upper 0.1 m)

As best I can determine, the CF standard name table provides
separate names for mrso, mrsos and mrsofc -- but not for mrsofcs.
Please advise.

Curt Covey
PCMDI / LLNL