⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Soil mosture inconsistency in CF names?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:57:31 +0000

Dear Curt

> mrsofcs Surface soil moisture field capacity (upper 0.1 m)
>
> As best I can determine, the CF standard name table provides
> separate names for mrso, mrsos and mrsofc -- but not for mrsofcs.
> Please advise.

Given the other quantities, we could have included this already. However, I
am not certain what this quantity is. Could you provide a definition? Is it
really the case that the AMIP models produce diagnostics for only the upper
0.1 m? I expect that the various models have different thicknesses of their
upper (or only) soil layer.

Thanks for your help

Jonathan