⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Final 17 terms for CMIP6 LS3MIP.

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 15:50:16 +0100

Dear Alison

I made comments on these names as well on Tuesday. Concerning your first
point, I agree that it's good to involve multiplicity of albedo names for
different area types. However, I think that _assuming_X is a bit different
from an area-type. An area of a certain type (bare soil, trees, grass etc.)
has a particular surface albedo, which is an observable or actual quantity. The
surface_area_assuming_no/deep_snow applies to the *same* area type, but under
different conditions, which aren't the actual observable ones.