⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] use of integral_wrt_depth_of_sea_water_practical_salinity

From: Sebastien Villaume <sebastien.villaume>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 13:02:05 +0000 (GMT-00:00)

Dear Alison,

sorry for the late reply, I have been very busy with other activities.

> If we take this approach then Sebastien could use the existing
> integral_wrt_depth_of_sea_water_practical_salinity name and it would cover all
> use cases. Do others agree? If so, then I will modify the definitions of all
> 387 existing integral names in the next update. This will create some
> housekeeping work for the standard name table, but it avoids the need to modify
> the conventions which would be necessary for some of the other ideas that have
> been discussed in this thread.

I am happy with this simple and straightforward approach although I would have favoured a more clear and generic way to specify these bounds.

If everyone else is happy with this and if all the integral_wrt_X_of_Y standard names are updated accordingly, I will then encode my "surface to sea floor" bounds by not specifying the bounds!

thanks a lot!

/S?bastien