⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] PMIP (including 1 or more that originated in C4MIP) Standard Names: Carbon and Nitrogen terms

From: Martin Juckes - UKRI STFC <martin.juckes>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:47:29 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

It is a logical extension, I believe, in the existing usage in terms such as "gross_primary_productivity_of_biomass_expressed_as_carbon", for which the help text states: "The phrase "expressed_as" is used in the construction A_expressed_as_B, where B is a chemical constituent of A. It means that the quantity indicated by the standard name is calculated solely with respect to the B contained in A, neglecting all other chemical constituents of A", i.e. the new terms are meant to refer to the mass of 13C/14C which is contained in the biomass.

regards,
Martin