⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF conventions and netCDF4 groups

From: V. Balaji <v.balaji>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 10:57:47 -0400 (EDT)

Groups can have quite significant performance issues when the datasets are large... something to keep in mind while designing standards or conventions that _require_ the use of netCDF4 groups. It's a last resort, in my opinion... to be used only if there's simply no other way to express what you want.

thanks,

--
V. Balaji                               Office:  +1-609-452-6516
Head, Modeling Systems Group, GFDL      Mobile:  +1-917-273-9824
Princeton University                    Email: v.balaji at noaa.gov
https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/v-balaji-homepage