⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] How to describe nr. of samples & absolute/relative uncertainty

From: Erik Quaeghebeur <E.R.G.Quaeghebeur>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 20:37:51 +0100

Dear Antonio,

Thank you for your reaction.

> Please take a look at this thread in the mail list:
>
> http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2018/059879.html
>
> The netcdf-U and uncertML could help you to encode the metadata
> you are interested in.

I have looked at these proposals. The NetCDF-U one is quite involved. The
more limited proposal by Ken Kehoe is closer to what I think I need.
Essentially, if it would also allow for attributes to contain what now must
be placed in scalar uncertainty variables, it would be what I need. (I've
added some comments to the document.)

> Please come back with any progress you made.

For now, I'm using ?uncertainty_abs? and ?uncertainty_rel? with explanation
in the file's comment attribute.

Best,

Erik

--