⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Climatological bounds for oxygen and other ocean nutrients

From: Ajay Krishnan - NOAA Affiliate <ajay.krishnan>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 14:53:23 -0400

Hello CF Folks,

What is the CF guidance for climatological bounds when the statistics being
generated are from data that are not uniformly spaced?

We're developing a climatology for nutrients such as dissolved oxygen,
nitrate, phosphate and silicate.
These make use of sparse observations from as early as the late 1800s. Up
until the mid 1900s the number of observations have been few and spaced
out. Since then there has been a big spike in the number of nutrient
observations.

Since old observations are important, we would like to use them in
generating stats and deriving climatologies.
At the same time having climatological bounds beginning at 1875-01-01,
gives a false sense of the scope/ temporal extent of the climatology. Is
there a way to capture this information in either the bounds/ stats
variable?

Thank you!!

-Ajay
--
*Ajay Krishnan*
Geospatial Data Developer | Science & Technology Corporation
ajay.krishnan at noaa.gov
Phone: 301-713-4864 <(301)%20713-4864>
Customer Support:  1-301-713-3277 or ncei.info at noaa.gov