⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Trac forwarding to mailing list

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 13:11:56 -0600

Jonathan,

Thanks for mentioning this. It is difficult for the ticket creator to
confirm broadcast of a new ticket message. I am not sure whether the new
ticket confirmation that I received was broadcast or a private reply, but I
notice that the Mailman list trailer is absent. This indicates private
reply, but it could also be Gmail's duplication suppression playing tricks.

As a test, did you receive the original Trac new ticket messages for either
#166 (Oct 1) or #167 (Oct 19)? They would have the ticket number in the
subject line.

The Mailman archive contains no trace of recent Trac messages, either new
tickets or added comments. This suggests there is no forwarding, but there
could be another explanation. Meanwhile, some of us conclude we should
independently send our own new ticket announcements. It would be nice to
get clarification of how Trac forwarding currently works.

--Dave