⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Add new integer types to CF?

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:54:20 -0600

Charlie,

Thanks for the reply. I want to streamline the main proposal, not to
impede. I see trouble in the extra sentences about type
interchangeability. That is new wording that has no equivalent in the
current CF version. I would simply like to protect the core proposal for
new data types, and have a separate conversation about interchangeability.

There seems to be general agreement about the basic wording for new integer
types. If you agree, then please go ahead and start a change ticket for
just that part. Then start a separate conversation for type
interchangeability, if you wish. We can consider those as continuations of
the related parts of this conversation.

I think it is important that complex topics are broken into managable
pieces in community discussions such as CF.

--Dave