⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names under ice velocity of water

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:54:37 +0000

Dear Chris,

My understanding (based on memory not research of the archives) was that this statement was deliberate to allow a single Standard Name to cover a field that is spatial distribution of the velocity of a water body at the point where it is in contact with the atmosphere whether or not it was frozen. In other words, it can represent the sea-ice velocity for some cells and the surface water velocity for others. Checking the archives to confirm this would be advisable before making any change to the definition.

 Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.