⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names under ice velocity of water

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 15:50:23 +0000

Dear Ute,

I would prefer the same Standard Name for the currents in a body of water whether or not it is covered by ice. What happens if you have a full year of data from a position where there is only ice for part of the year? Would you have a change of Standard Name for the water body currents when the ice melts?

So, why not use 'eastward_sea_water_velocity' and 'northward_sea_water_velocity'?

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.