⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Wave Direction, Energy and Steepness Sub-Proposal

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 14:38:26 +0000

Hi Alison,

Thanks for this. I am totally comfortable with your cosmetic changes to the definitions and now you've incorporated them I now understand Nan's comments.

I can also understand the logic of your changes to sea_surface_wave_from_direction_at_spectral_peak and sea_wave_spectrum_peak_energy based on the precedent in existing Standard Names that refer to 'spectral_peak' as 'variance_spectral_density_maximum'. To my understanding of spectral wave data these are synonyms and so I'm happy with your changes providing Elodie and her colleagues can see no problem.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.