⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] string variables and netCDF4

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:46:02 +0100

Dear Karl

I think that allowing strings as an alternative to char arrays is a natural
extension and should not be problematic since the information content is the
same. It's good to hear from Jim that the cf-checker is happy with it. We
have discussed this before. As you say, the CF convention does not allow for
it at the moment, and so a change is needed. This depends on someone carefully
going through the document to see what might need to be changed to include
this alternative.

----- Forwarded message from Jim Biard <jbiard at cicsnc.org> -----