⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New sea ice variable definitions (CMIP6 SIMIP)

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 08:42:44 +0100

Dear Alexandra

Thanks for the proposals. As we have discussed, I think the standard names
are fine. For CMIP6 and SIMIP it is perfectly OK to specify the cell_methods
for the diagnostics you want. The standard_name definitions, however, should
not include mean, maximum, etc. or the specification of cell_methods. The
standard_name and cell_methods together describe the diagnostics.

----- Forwarded message from Alexandra Jahn <alexandra.jahn at colorado.edu> -----