⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Fwd: Antwort: Proposal to introduce three new standard names for nitrogen deposition

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:17:20 +0100

Dear Daniel

That seems fine to me, thanks. Others may have comments and Alison will no
doubt respond in due course.

----- Forwarded message from Daniel.Neumann at hzg.de -----

> Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:00:12 +0200
> From: Daniel.Neumann at hzg.de
> To: cf-metadata at cgd.ucar.edu
> Subject: [CF-metadata] Antwort: Proposal to introduce three new standard
> names for nitrogen deposition
>
> Dear Jonathan,
>
> Thank you for the feedback. Then, the three new variable names should be:
>
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_nitrogen_due_to_dry_deposition
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_nitrogen_due_to_wet_deposition
> tendency_of_atmosphere_mass_content_of_nitrogen_due_to_deposition
>
> Best,
> Daniel

> Daniel Neumann
> Doktorand Chemietransportmodellierung
> PhD Student Chemistry Transport Modelling
>
> Tel.: +49 (0) 41 52 / 87 - 2368
> Fax: +49 (0) 41 52 / 87 - 2332
> daniel.neumann at hzg.de

nd organic nitrates (most notably peroxyacetyl nitrate, sometimes referred to as PAN, (CH3COO2NO2)) are included. The list of individual species that are included in this quantity can vary between models. Where possible, the data variable should be accompanied by a complete description of the species represented, for example, by using a comment attribute.