⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CMIP6 Sea Ice MIP: Integrated quantities

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:17:03 +0100

Dear Dirk

For these quantities I believe you can use the existing standard names of
sea_ice_area, volume and extent. To specify the area over which the integral
applies, you can supply size-1 coordinate variables or scalar coordinate
variables, with bounds, for latitude and longitude. For the entire hemispheres
I suppose longitude is not needed, and it would be sufficient to supply
latitude coordinates with bounds of -90,0 and 0,90 degN.

----- Forwarded message from Dirk Notz <dirk.notz at mpimet.mpg.de> -----