⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] request for new CF standard_name: CDOM

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 09:05:08 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

Although long-winded your suggestion of:

concentration_of_colored_dissolved_organic_matter_in_sea_water_expressed_as_equivalent_mass_fraction_of_quinine_sulfate_dihydrate

has the great advantage of preventing any confusion between this measurement and a true CDOM concentration determined by some other method. Having mass_fraction in there is particularly valuable as when we encountered this measurement the stock solutions used to calibrate the sensors had the QSD concentrations expressed in nM rather than ppb.

I also agree dimensionless is the best choice for the Canonical Unit.

Cheers, Roy.

Please note that I partially retired on 01/11/2015. I am now only working 7.5 hours a week and can only guarantee e-mail response on Wednesdays, my day in the office. All vocabulary queries should be sent to enquiries at bodc.ac.uk. Please also use this e-mail if your requirement is urgent.