⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] ice mass change standard name

From: Andreas Groh <andreas.groh>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:09:34 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for you reply and sorry for my delayed response. For some reason
I did not receive any mails posted to list, not even my own post. After
switching digest mode off everything seems to work again.

I think a variable of the form change_in_land_ice_amount [kg m-2] would
be appropriate, since my dataset describes the amount of land ice with
reference to an arbitrary level. The description of the standard name
global_average_sea_level_change includes the sentence: "Zero sea level
change is an arbitrary level.". An equivalent phrase ("Zero change in
land ice amount is an arbitrary level.") added to the description of a
potential standard name change_in_land_ice_amount would unambiguously
describe the dataset I am working on.
How could such a new standard name be defined and added to the conventions?

Best regards,

Andreas

--
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Groh