⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Climatological Stats

From: Ajay Krishnan - NOAA Affiliate <ajay.krishnan>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:54:19 -0400

Dear CF members,

I would like your input on the way climatological stats are being
represented in a file that I am working on. I believe that I am not using
the time and the climatological_bounds properly:

Seasonal SST

Average seasonal temperature (Jan-Mar) for 6 decades (1955-2012)

dimensions:
time=1;
nv=2;
variables:

double time(time);
time:climatology="climatology_bounds";
time:units="months since 0000-01-01";
double climatology_bounds(time,nv);

double climatology_bounds(time,nv);

climatology_bounds:comment=? This variable defines the bounds of the
climatological time period for each time? ;

float t_mn(time,lat,lon,depth);
t_mn:standard_name: ?sea_water_temperature? ;

t_mn:long_name: ?Average of all unflagged interpolated values at each
standard depth level for sea_water_temperature in each grid-square which
contain at least one measurement.? ;

t_mn:cell_methods: ?area: mean depth: mean time: mean? ;

data: // time coordinates translated to date/time format
time= ?1.5? ;

climatology_bounds=?0.0?, ?3.0? ;

The CF examples are helpful but my case is different where in I have just
1-time co-ordinate in my file. In the above case, what is the best way to
record time and climatology bounds?

Thanks,

Ajay