⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] How to define time coordinate in GPS?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:31:12 +0100

Dear Jim

> I think I'm just about completely in agreement with you about
> meanings and such! I think your second bullet (*) point about
> algorithms is not necessary, but you have worded it in such a way
> that I'm OK with it.

That's splendid news!

> Can you agree to changing gregorian_nls to gregorian_utc_nls?

Yes. You are right, it is better to be precise.

We must write a ticket soon, before we forget it all again. Probably most
of it is covered by the las email, but there were other points, I think,
for instance that "UTC" will not be mentioned where what we actually mean is
the time zone of the Greenwich meridian (without summer time).

Best wishes and thanks for the collaboration

Jonathan