⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Changes shown in documents

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:40:53 -0700

Just a comment from the Peanut Gallery:

when I go to:

http://cfconventions.org/latest.html

and click on:

Most Recent Release (v1.6)

I get a document with a whole pile of multi-colored, some crossed, out,
etc, sections. presumably to show changes.

But as an external user, I wouldn't expect that at all -- I want a single,
this is the "current" version of the standard -- I don't care about what's
changes when, and I dont want to be confused by all that.

It makes sense to show that in the "Working Draft" version, I suppose, but
not in a "released" version. It would be good for there to be an easy way
to see what's changed if you want to, but having it all in the official doc
seems odd.

-CHB

  --

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov