⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Are cell_methods attributes OK for coordinate variables?

From: David Hassell <d.c.hassell>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 10:35:40 +0100

Hello Mahalo, Charlie,

My gut feeling was "it shouldn't", but I then thought "why not?" after
I couldn't think of any counter examples hwich would cause problems.

Section 7.3 doesn't disallow it, I think, and I don't think there will
be any conflict or ambiguity arising from its use. Appendix A would
need to be updated and perhaps some text in 7.3 highlighting that it
is OK, clarifying that the variable (the time coordinate in your
example) "defines its own cells"?

This is similar to the recent (ongoing) thread on allowing a
coordinate variable to have an ancillary_variables attribute.

Does that still make sense?

All the best,

David

---- Original message from Charlie Zender (05PM 31 May 15)