⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] OGC Temporal Best Practice (draft). Was: [CF-2] Require PROJ.4 compatible... projection ... (#11)

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 09:18:19 -0400

Chris,

The separation into CRS, Calendar, and Notation is excellent! Are you
taking the approach that a time system such as UTC constitutes part of a
calendar? In your terms am I right in thinking that International Atomic
Time (TAI) and GPS time would be CRSs, each coupled with a no-leapsecond
calendar and the standard (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.sss) notation? And that UTC
would be, in essence the TAI CRS coupled with the UTC leapsecond calendar
and the standard time notation?

Grace and peace,

Jim

[image: CICS-NC] <http://www.cicsnc.org/>Visit us on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc>*Jim Biard*
*Research Scholar*
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC <http://cicsnc.org/>
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information <http://ncdc.noaa.gov/>
*formerly NOAA?s National Climatic Data Center*
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org
o: +1 828 271 4900

*We will be updating our social media soon. Follow our current Facebook
(NOAA National Climatic Data Center
<https://www.facebook.com/NOAANationalClimaticDataCenter> and NOAA National
Oceanographic Data Center <https://www.facebook.com/noaa.nodc>) and Twitter
(_at_NOAANCDC <https://twitter.com/NOAANCDC> and @NOAAOceanData