⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standardized Region Names

From: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk <alison.pamment>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:01:32 +0000

Hi Andreas,

No, there aren't any standardized bounds. As I understand it, the idea of using region names is to get around the problem of having irregularly shaped areas that don't have a simple lat-lon extent. The details are in the CF conventions doc, section 6.1.1.

Best wishes,
Alison

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065