⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Using a standard_name more than once in a file

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 07:51:26 +0100

Hello Evan,

Opinion on this is divided - some communities have decided to regard the Standard Name as mandatory. The CF Conventions state that the Standard Name may be omitted providing that the Long Name is supplied. In my view (automated data aggregation) in your case I would use the Long Name to describe each navigation stream and the Standard Names to label the primary navigation stream.

Cheers, Roy.