⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Vertical coordinates & boundaries

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:22:16 -0500

Maarten,

I believe that what your colleague should do is add a bounds variable
for the pressure and reduce the number of elements in the hPa coordinate
variable by one. The bounds variable provides a lower and upper bound
for each layer, so it captures the value currently being stored in the
extra element of the hPa coordinate variable. The values stored in the
hPa coordinate variable can be the lower bound pressures, the upper
bound pressures, or any value in between the two (layer center
pressures, for example).

Grace and peace,

Jim

--