⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Request for new standard-name: apparent_oxygen_utilization

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:56:10 +0000

Dear John

Thanks for your research. If I'm in a small minority or alone in preferring a
self-explanatory term then I'll accept the majority view. Do you find that this
quantity always has the same physical dimensions (canonical unit in CF terms)?
A possible cause of confusion would be if, for instance, the same term is used
to mean both kg m-3 and mol m-3. In that case it might help to indicate which
it is in the standard name.