⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for eddy flux variables

From: John Graybeal <john.graybeal>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:54:01 -0800

Sean,

I might be missing a nuance in your request, but I think the solution is straightforward in CF. If you request the specific names you need, by following the guidelines for such requests[1], the community can respond with more specific guidance. Providing to this list a notional name, the units that apply, and (especially) a good definition for each term. will kick off the analysis/response process.

You can assume that the community will suggest revisions to the names to align them with existing examples, so don't worry about getting the names perfect in the first request. The definition is more important for a clear request.

John

[1] How to ask for a standard_name: http://cfconventions.org/faq.html#stdnames_ask

John Graybeal